Cheap & Easy Ways to Improve Your Curb Appeal for Under $50Has the time come to get your house ready to sell or are you looking to spice up the exterior? Although houses around Breckenridge, Frisco, Dillon and Silverthorne represent a hot real estate market, the weather in Summit County can quickly result in a need for home maintenance. Many items around your home may be expensive to update, (windows, doors, landscaping, etc.) and require a lot of time and planning, there are some easy tips to improve your curb appeal. If you are ready to sell would like to and get top dollar here are some easy tasks may not be as difficult to handle or as expensive as you may think. With some hard work, a trip to the hardware store, and in no time you can increase your home’s curb appeal. Here is a list of 10 easy things to improve around your exterior, no matter if you are selling your home, or just looking to make some property updates.
- Paint your front door a new color: painting your front door can make your house look neat and well-kept. Painting the front door will instantly draw grabbing potential homeowners’ attention.
- Hire a pro to mow the lawn: While your home is on market, hiring a professional to maintain your lawn can greatly improve the look of the property. Having a professional lawn care company to clean edges, make neat, straight lines, and blow grass off any hard surfaces.
- Pressure wash the exterior: Getting rid of the exterior of mold, grime, and dust that has been accumulating on your home will bring new life. You only need a few hours and a pressure washer to make huge improvements.
- Add lights along the landscaping/walkway: With Solar LED lighting, any property instantly looks more inviting. Place lights around the front steps, walkways, plants, flowers, landscape design, or interesting hardscapes.
- New house numbers: Replacing old house address numbers can neaten up the outside. New numbers, fresh colors and different sizes and shapes, and easy to install.
- Hide outside storage and A/C units: Make bins attractive, or hide them! Hiding storage bins, A/C units, or other exterior needs can easily be done by planting shrubs and bushes around the items. A few evergreens can easily hide the unit while adding more landscaping and curb appeal.
- Use Mulch: Adding mulch around the trees is an easy way for great curb appeal. Better yet it makes your trees happy by adding some additional nutrients – helpful for the health of your trees. In addition, mulch can provide insulation from the soil, retain water, and prevent erosion.
- Paint electric boxes: Painting electrical boxes on the sides of your home it’s easy to hide those boxes and wires. Try using the same color your house is painted. Very little paint is required, which will make these items disappear in less than an hour to cover up.
We’re ready to hear from you.
We bring blend great design and quality craftsmanship to create awesome spaces that are a true reflection of how you live. Let’s chat about your project.